Saturday 18 January 2014

The Story of the Escalator 

  "Flick!" I got switched "on" by Mr Lin, a security guard in the Sunshine Mall. He had been switching me "on" and "off" for the past ten years. Do you still not know who I am? I have been the top news every year! I am the only one who knows how to create trouble for others. I am the escalator! Silly! Now you know, I am very "well-known".  I created a huge trouble last year. That was the biggest one I had ever made. The less serious ones are me stopping halfway on purpose when people are standing on me. This is how mischievous I am. Do you still remember how the disaster happened? If not, follow me into the story.


  "What another boring day," I sighed. " People have been stepping on me the whole day. Can't I do something from my to-do list?" To-do list. Everyone should be afraid when I have plans on the to-do list. One example is stopping the escalator when people want to step off and making them trip. Wow! How creative am I! "Ouch!" I yelled. A boy just hopped onto me and kept on jumping. "Ow, ow, ow! That hurts young man!" I reprimanded him in agony.


   Just then, I heard a lady who I assume is the boy's mother said, "Honey don't jump on the escalator, you might trip and fall!" The word "trip" pierced into my ears. My evil thoughts kept repeating this word to me. Why am I hearing this continuously? Suddenly, my expression changed. I smirked. I became the naughtiest of all. I noticed his shoelaces were untied and were hanging near to me. How about? Muhaha..


  Closer... Closer... Closer! Gotcha! I managed to get the shoelaces stuck. Jump! I persuaded him. Jump! Just when he was about to jump, "Honey, your shoelaces!" reminded his mother. However, it was too late, he jumped. I felt something dripping on me. What is that? Just when I was about to take a look, I feared for the boy's safety. When I looked down, I was totally speechless. He had fallen onto the ground and blood oozed out from him. Everything was splatted with blood. My handrails, the floor, everything. His mother then rushed to him and shouted for help. Mr Lin saw the incident and immediately dialed 995.


  I was switched "off" by Mr Lin and felt guilty. "What on earth had I done? I just made a little boy fall," I reflected upon myself. Someone was running down my steps in great hurry. I guessed that it was the little boy's father. "Hold it there sir, hold it!" I  tried to shout out loud but failed. "Woah!" A scream was being let out. His father fell too. "Oh no, I just injured two innocent people, how heartless of me." I thought. I did not dare to see anymore. I closed my eyes and tried to shut out all the cries of worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment